[Journal] OSGEO journal

Dimitris Kotzinos kotzino at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 07:15:40 PST 2015

Hi Christian,

it is fine to be blunt but you complete missed the point because I did
not impose anything on anyone - at least I do not think so and I am
sorry you felt like this. And I am really curious how exactly did I
impose something on you or anyone else?
And please: I do not have a section in the Journal that is "mine" to
decide on what content I want to see in it or anywhere else. I am also
not interested in an OSGEO journal where people have their own agendas.
I think that OSGEO Journal is a community effort and should represent
what the community wants and should not be split into personal sections
where people serve their own agendas!

Other than that, as I said my personal feeling is that I do not see
enough justification for yet another academic journal in the area and I
also think that academia is a part of OSGEO not the whole; I even
suggested compromises for all that, which have the potential of creating
something reputable that will survive at the end of the day.
And I think we should discuss all opinions until we reach a consensus.

Best regards,
Dimitris

P.S.: You might have missed recent discussions but GeoForAll is actually
the education committee of OSGEO and the Journal is under the
newsletter/journal committee which is composed of the people in this
mailing list. Thanks.