[Journal] Proceedings of FOSS4G-2015 Academic Track

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 21 02:28:38 PDT 2015

Am 21.10.2015 um 11:16 schrieb b.j.kobben at utwente.nl:
> strongly urge the OSGEO board to look hard and critically at the OSGEO
> journal. As it is, it is NOT an asset: A journal that appears only every
> other year or so, and then only because some volunteers not in the
> editorial team happen to be nice enough to put together an issue. Take a
> look at the about pages on policies, focus and scope etc. to see how far
> of the officially stated goals this journal is...

+1 !!

I strongly agree with this.

I would volunteer in working on the OSGeo Journal website. For my taste
the Fonts for example are way to small and as Barend indicated, there
are some pages with outdated informations.

What would be the process to do it? Just do, and ask for feedback
afterwards, or ask for any change beforehand on the list?

Regards,
Christian

--
Christian Willmes
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group