[Journal] OSGeo Journal and FOSS4G 2017 Conference proceedings

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Apr 24 10:41:25 PDT 2017

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Landon Blake
<sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the ping Charlie. I have no problem with publishing the
> conference proceedings.
>
> The journal pages are probably way out-of-date. I'll see if I can make time
> to work on this next week.
>
> Landon
>
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Charlie Schweik <cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Landon, Venka, Helena:
>>
>> I'm working with Mohammed Zia and Andy Anderson on preparing the Academic
>> Track FOSS4G 2017 conference proceedings. We're almost to the point of
>> abstract acceptance, and then we plan to have the accepted authors submit
>> papers by May 31st.

Do you have someone lined up to put the Journal Volume together?
Working these details out early in the process might make it easier.

>> (Venka, we're using your nice paper template that you created for FOSS4G
>> Seoul [1] -- hope that's OK with you. Let me know if it isn't!).
>>
>> We are planning on using a paper review system that is managed by UMass
>> Amherst's library under our Institutional Repository. At the end of that
>> process, we will create a conference proceeding that can be in PDF form
>> under the OSGeo Journal page [2].

Checking with the list is a good idea too.

>> I just wanted to make sure this plan is OK with the three of you.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Charlie
>>
>> P.S. The OSGeo Journal looks a little stale to me. Was there a proceedings
>> from the FOSS4G 2015 or 2016 conferences? Also, this page looks like it

2015 was not published through the OSGeo Journal.  You can read up in
this thread, https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/newsletter/2015-October/001173.html
 Specifically, the only Journal notice of this publication is in
announcements.
https://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal/announcement

2016 is not yet published,
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/newsletter/2017-February/001240.html