[Journal] Resignation

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 17:26:48 PDT 2017

I feel its time I officially resigned as Chater Member, Editor of the OSGeo
Journal and Board Rep for the California Chapter. I haven't been very
successful at these jobs over the past couple of years, and changes in my
wife's health and my job situation mean I have less time to invest in
OSGeo. The organization is also much larger and more broadly supported than
it was when I started. I feel like I need to get out of the way so others
can act in my abscence.

I think I will continue to help out with the Incubation Committee, in the
hope that focusing my modest resources may actually result in some good. We
will see how that goes.

That means we will need volunteers to step up to fill both positions. I'm
not disappearing, so I will be around to help the new volunteers learn the
ropes if needed.

I'm sorry this has taken me so long. If I  had done it sooner, perhaps we;d
already have other robust leadership in place.

It is good to see how global this organization has become.

Please reach out to me by private e-mail if you have any questions so we
don't flood everyone's inbox: sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com

Landon Blake
--
Landon