[Journal] Current interest level in OSGeo Journal?

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Tue Feb 13 09:09:24 PST 2024

+1 for letting Geo4All and Discuss know about this and maybe wait some
few days for any response/interest.

Best regards,
Christian

Am 13.02.24 um 16:50 schrieb Eli Adam via newsletter:
> Hi all,
>
> Some of the content can probably be found in SVN,
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/journal
> <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/journal> (although not all
> editions are well organized some follow the pattern of
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/journal/volume_12/master_pdf/Master.pdf
> <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/journal/volume_12/master_pdf/Master.pdf>).
>

> Thanks for the ideas and offers of help (we'll probably need it
> especially from people more familiar with Zenodo).  I think this is
> what we need to do to responsibly put the Journal into dormancy.
>   Before we jump to that, do we want to shop for a new home and
> interest for the Journal?  My ideas on that are to email the Discuss
> list and to try connecting in the GeoForAll effort. Are there any
> other ideas to continue the Journal that we should explore before
> putting into dormancy? I'm happy to send the Discuss email.  Helena, I
> think that you (and maybe Markus and Barend) are somewhat involved in
> the GeoForAll effort.  Could you see if there is interest there or
> find the appropriate person to check into that?  The Journal could be
> reorganized within GeoForAll if there is interest.
>
> I'll send the Discuss email by the end of this week unless I hear
> otherwise.
>
> Best regards, Eli

Christian Willmes
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group
Geographisches Institut     | Institute of Geography
Universität zu Köln         | University of Cologne
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 6234
https://www.geographie.uni-koeln.de/14126.html
https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5566-6542
https://campusgis2.uni-koeln.de