[Oceania-Board] Talanoa session for a Pacific OS community

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 17:25:19 PDT 2022

Hi Jean

I'm going to respond briefly, just from my personal point of view.

I'm not comfortable with OSGeo Oceania sending this email that you've
drafted out. I think it's not really reflective of our viewpoint.

And I'm not comfortable with some of the framing of the Oceania Geospatial
Symposium, specifically the inclusion of open source software and open data
sessions in your event, which is in direct conflict with our event.

It's already confusing that there are two events running at the same time
in the Pacific, so we need to be very clear in our communications about the
distinction between the two events. And personally, I'm not that clear
about the distinction myself.

We're a volunteer team and need to be careful of what we commit to and so,
event rather than splitting my time across two events.

Kind regards,

Alex

--
Alex Leith