[Oceania-Board] FOSS4G 2025 Auckland Letter of Intent

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 19:21:40 PST 2024

Thanks Simon, well done to you and the rest of the group on pulling this
together quickly.

Given we have a pretty short time frame, the board needs to work its way
through this fairly quickly, hopefully with some discussion before the
board meeting this Friday.

To help us frame up the discussion, can you give us your thoughts on what
it means for OSGeo Oceania to endorse this proposal? Do you need any
specific commitments? It could be quite easy to give a general "yes, this
sounds nice, good luck" but I presume you're hoping for more than that :)

I imagine we could look at a staged endorsement, ie. a general one for the
LOI deadline of the 15th and a more in-depth commitment by the 3 May
deadline for the full proposal.

What do you think? What specific commitments do you think you'll want/need
now and later?

Cheers
John