[Australia] WALIS 08 attendance

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Thu Jul 19 21:12:06 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 11:52 +0800, Chris Tweedie wrote:
> All,
>
> Just had a quick chat to Tim and suggested shifting our focus somewhat to the WALIS Forum in '08, March 12-14 in Perth. See http://walis.forum.wa.gov.au for some background ... although details are sparse for 08 currently.

Chris,  something up with that url? perhaps
http://www.walis.wa.gov.au/forum

> Last years conf unforunately coincided with FOSS4G Switzerland but netherless there was still a few open source based talks.

If I could have been in two places at once, I would have.  Last year's
WALIS forum was very good by all reports.

> Thoughts / comments? I've been to a few now and i'd certainly rate WALIS up there simply because you cant go wrong with 650+ people at a _vendor-neutral_ event. OSGEO charter/goals certainly could fit nicely into the conf
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Chris

Yes, we should definitely be involved one way or another.  The influence
of WALIS extends well beyond WA.  It has an Aust wide as well as SE
Asian impact.

Regards,
Tim