[Aust-NZ] PCO Update

Marie-Claire Henry MHenry at scvb.com.au
Sun Oct 7 22:51:38 PDT 2007

Hi All,

Further to this morning, I have had a rethink on how we proceed with the
PCO tender dilemma.  In the interest of fairness to all SCVB Gold Member
PCOs, the necessity for me to remain impartial throughout the PCO tender
process, to ensure that we have the bid budget as soon as possible and
still ensure that we don't alienate other PCOs who you may still
consider to appoint once the bid is won, can I propose:

-  Due to the change in timelines following Canada, the formal PCO
tender process should go on hold until the decision is made in November.

- In the meantime, everyone agrees on one PCO that I can request to
complete the budget for us.  This in no way commits you to this PCO but
I really feel I must be directed by you the committee, towards only PCO
one at this stage, solely for the purpose of preparing the budget and
getting us to bid submission stage and that I remain impartial.

Can we agree to a deadline of tomorrow, Tuesday 09 October, 1pm (Sydney
time).

If anyone needs to call me for clarification, has any questions, I will
be in a meeting from 4pm but should be back at my desk before 5.30pm,
alternatively you can reach me tomorrow after about 11.30am.

Sorry, for making this element a little frustrating as I realise it
isn't easy to shortlist to one at the moment but I can assure you that
all of the PCOs are of an extremely high standard in the area of
conference management.

Regards,

Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire Henry
Bid Executive
Sydney Convention and Visitors Bureau
Level 13  80 William St Sydney NSW 2011 Australia
Tel: 61 2 9332 5224 Fax: 61 2 9360 1223
mhenry at scvb.com.au
www.scvb.com.au <http://www.scvb.com.au/>
	  <http://www.scvb.com.au/>

The SCVB (ABN 42 002 630 364) understands that privacy is an important
issue for individuals. Click here
<http://www.scvb.com.au/footer/privacy/privacy_home.cfm>  for our full
privacy policy.

P Be nice to the world. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really
need to !