[Aust-NZ] [Fwd: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Govt involvement in FOSS4G]

Marie-Claire Henry MHenry at scvb.com.au
Fri Oct 12 00:40:03 PDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I have starting requesting proposals for conference venues and suggested
a day preceding tailored to government.  Other than that I have referred
venues to the OsGeo and Foss4G conference sites to refer to previous
conferences to gauge how much space is required for the conference.
However, this is very much something you will need to drive...At this
point the conference space is one of the main line items in the budget
but is also something that can be fine tuned once we win the conference
too.

This is also the main reason why I have suggested that a small group
from the committee join me for site inspections of potential venues in
Sydney and I will arrange for the PCO that is working on the bid budget
to join us.  The PCO is the best person to discuss ideas like this with
and how to maximise attendance through govt workshops or alike.

Can I ask if the committee wants to consider Sydney Olympic Park venues?
They will not have accommodation for all the delegates but it is a short
boat trip from the city.

Regards,

Marie-Claire

Marie-Claire Henry
Bid Executive
Sydney Convention and Visitors Bureau
mhenry at scvb.com.au
www.scvb.com.au
	SCVB

The SCVB (ABN 42 002 630 364) understands that privacy is an important
issue for individuals. Click here for our full privacy policy.

P Be nice to the world. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really
need to !