[Aust-NZ] Inquiry into Improving Access to Victorian Public Sector Information and Data

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au
Wed Aug 6 18:59:43 PDT 2008

IMO:

Cameron,

To be honest, this came as a surprise to me. No, I was not aware of it.

Thank you Brianna for making the link available to the list.

I'm in the process of wading through the documentation at the moment. From
what I've seen so far it is looking very encouraging. They are not only
looking at issues relating to open content but also to open source.

I would encourage other list members who would like to open up access to
spatial data in Victoria to do the same.

I intend making a private submission to the enquiry, as this is a
particular area that I've been interested in for over a decade.

However, if there is sufficient interest from the list, I'll be happy to
share what I start with and we can build it as a community.

Given the Open Source and open access to spatial data aspects of the
enquiry, it may be very relevant the make a submission as OSGeo-AustNZ.

Are there any other thoughts on this?

Bruce Bannerman

Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>
07/08/2008 08:36 AM

Bruce Bannerman <Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [Aust-NZ] Inquiry into Improving Access to Victorian Public Sector
Information and Data

Bruce,
Are you aware of this, and if so, are you able to provide any background
with regards to Vic Gov involvement and suggest any actions that OSGeo
should take?

http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/edic/inquiries/access_to_PSI/default.htm>

--
Cameron Shorter