[Aust-NZ] Re: Logos FOSS4G / Aust-NZ

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon Aug 11 00:41:38 PDT 2008

Um...

Given I'm working on a mapserver app for the Ross Sea
right now, as well as a general Antarctic spatial database,
perhaps a polar projection from the S pole to N of Australia
with the Aust/NZ (etc) coastlines as a background.

I know several of the Pacific Islands are using or looking
to use FOSS tools, largely from budgetary constraints, and a
logo that at least showed the SW Pacific, overlaid with the
OSGEO compass & Australia/New Zealand Chapter would be
simple & appropriate?

Also, CSIRO & state agencies have a few bods working in
offshore areas, so it may even be appropriate to extend this
further W.

As an OSGEO chapter, we will cover a pretty large region of
the globe, which this shows pretty well.

Something like the attachment as an underlying map?

(done with GMT, so 'tis FOSS, but not an OSGEO package)

Cheers,

   Brent Wood