[Aust-NZ] PSI Submission 3rd Draft [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman bruce at bannerman.id.au
Wed Aug 20 18:45:20 PDT 2008

Ian,

Thanks for the interest.

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 11:30 +1000, Ian.Batley at ga.gov.au wrote:
> While I generally agree with the principle of free data, has anyone done a
> comparison of spatial data costs (to the end user) across the various
> jurisdictions? It also might be useful to have a comparison of what data is
> free, cost of transfer or cost recovery.

I've been trying to get actual figures, however given the tight time
frame that we have to respond in, this will be difficult to put
together.

Do you have anything the we can cite that you can put your hands on?

> You should probably also mention the potential impact of free data on PSMA
> which is partly owned by VIC.
>
> It might be worth mentioning initiatives like Information Queensland (IQ) and
> the National Data Network (NDN) as examples of enabling easier access to data
> including spatial data.

I'm going to be pushed for time for the rest of the day.

Would you like to put some words together?

If so, I'd appreciate it if you can place your comments in context
within the 3rd draft document and get them to me by 6pm tonight.

I will then collate the final draft for review.

Bruce