[Aust-NZ] Ideas for Australian government agencies to get involvedin FOSS4G [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ben.Searle at ga.gov.au Ben.Searle at ga.gov.au
Thu Feb 21 19:38:55 PST 2008

Cameron,

I agree, the OSDM groups presently have no position or opinion on open source
or open standards other than general Australian government views on the use
of ICT standards and interoperability through AGIMO.  I am looking at running
a seminar for the OSDM committees including SDMG on a number of issues and
this would be a key one.  I would suggest that this is unlikely to be any
earlier than April at this stage, but would you be willing to give a 40
minute presentation on this 9and perhaps FOSS4G) in Canberra?

Regards

Ben Searle
General Manager, Office of Spatial Data Management
and
Group Leader, National Mapping & Information
Geospatial & Earth Monitoring Division
Geoscience Australia
Phone: 02 6249 9298
Mobile: 0439-995-785
Fax: 02 6249 9942
Email: ben.searle at ga.gov.au
Postal address: GPO Box 378, Canberra ACT 2601