[Aust-NZ] Fw: Jeroen - [Fwd: Re: GeoNetwork and ANZLIC Profile work]

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 04:14:37 PDT 2008

Jeroen,
Your suggestions below sound likely to be right on track.

What us techies need to do is convert this to a business case for
sponsors. Ie, convert everything to $$$.

Effort required to refactor= ?
What will we gain by the refactoring?
* Faster testing? (Effort reduced by ...)
* Faster ramp up time for developers? From x weeks to y weeks.
* Faster software development. (by x%)

I realise that some of these estimates will be difficult and might not
be accurate. But providing numbers will make it much easier to get
sponsorship.