[Aust-NZ] Geoscience Australia goes CC-BY [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Sun Dec 6 20:09:30 PST 2009

Brent,

I disagree with some aspects of this.

I don't feel obliged to educate all potential users about different data licenses. Even if I did, I certainly don't have the time.

Wrt to 'intended use', I don't believe that this belongs in the licensing realm. It is adequately covered for within our current ISO spatial Metadata standards. People just need to start using metadata appropriately.

My 2c.

Bruce