[Aust-NZ] Anyone able to get/offer proper legal advice over ODBL? [SEC=PERSONAL]

Roppola, Antti - BRS Antti.Roppola at daff.gov.au
Mon Dec 7 18:40:05 PST 2009

I am not a lawyer either, but I attended some really good presentations
some years back on the whys and wherefores of the Queensland Creative
Commons licensing. One reason was the grief that license mashups were
causing. Even if licenses allow mashups, clauses accrete rapidly and are
often contradictory. What do you do if license A says "colour must equal
black" and license B says "colour must equal white"?

I do think Creative Commons is more a case of the glass being half full
than half empty. It's good to see all this discussion about what makes a
good license, I don't think it would have happened with adoption of CC.

Cheers,

Antti