[Aust-NZ] Fwd: Where to now?

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon Nov 23 19:29:25 PST 2009

Hmmm...

I'm not the quietest member here, but to kick this off, I'd like to see formal registration of the chapter as a legal entity move forward.

Normally as part of this process, the defining deed for any reistered non-profit organisation will require rules & info about intent/purpose, etc.

While in our case much of this can come from the OSGEO parent organisation, it is also where we add any stuff about our particular intents & purposes.

If we are going to collect comments on this, I think it would be useful to do so bearing in mind what information/forms etc are required for whatever registration we apply for.

Representing OSGEO at events is pretty simple, but it would be nice to
be able to represent the Aust-NZ Chapter (as a registered organisation) at events such as SSSI, as we have discussed recently.

If we do want to enhance our local (Australasian & Pacific Island) presence, it will be easier if we have some actual legal status.

Cheers,

   Brent Wood