[Aust-NZ] FW: spatial at gov 2010 Conference | preliminary notice [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ben.Searle at osdm.gov.au Ben.Searle at osdm.gov.au
Tue Nov 24 19:43:45 PST 2009

Bruce,

Thanks for the support.  At this stage not much support but we are thinking of an open source stream for the obvious focus on Government.  You may be interested to know that Defence are slowly seeing the benefit of open source and this, plus interest in OS from other government organisations should mean a high level of interest.

You may not be aware that we are now working with Hannover Fairs Australia Ltd , the organisers of the worlds largest ICT conference CeBIT.  The Australian CeBIT attracted 35,000 paying delegates to its event in Sydney last year.  They are providing us with links into government at very high level and also links to significant commercial and government people from Europe and North America.

I have had a brief discussion with Cameron in relation to this and hope to start moving early next year on programs etc.

Help at this stage can be simply letting people know the conference exists and will be an annual event.  We will also be hosting the APSEA Awards next year.

Thanks again for your offer of support.

Regards

Ben Searle
General Manager,
Australian Government Office of Spatial Data Management

Phone: 02 6249 9298
Mobile: 0439-995-785
Fax: 02 6249 9942
Email: ben.searle at ga.gov.au
Postal address: GPO Box 378, Canberra ACT 2601