[Aust-NZ] qGIS - Nearmap Support

Jonathan Nagy jnagy.82 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 17:54:17 PST 2010

If anyone out there is a qGIS user or dabbler, I've forked the openlayers
plugin that allows Google / Yahoo / OSM to be used as a backdrop layer.

For those of you that don't know, Nearmap is a source of recently acquired
high resolution Australian imagery with lax licensing requirements.  My
changes to the openlayers plugin include the ability to use Nearmap.com's
growing imagery source as a backdrop layer within qGIS.

Until the original author pulls in my changes, you can download the plugin
and install it from here:
https://github.com/TheGeoist/qgis-openlayers-plugin

*Note: you must operate within the 900913 projection, with on-the-fly
transformations.*

Comments are welcome from those of you who can appreciate it.

- Jonathan