[Aust-NZ] Update on who is doing what with FOSS4G in AustNZ[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 00:00:46 PDT 2010

Here is what the list looks like currently - 18 listed for the Aust-NZ region.

A number of providers registering themselves for more than one region ... that is interesting. I confess I do not know all the groups listed here.

This really only paints half the picture - it would be great to have some write ups of who is using open source spatial in the region (and for what). It would be great material for advocacy - which is part of our mandate as a local chapter :-)

Cheers,
Jody

Name	No of employees	Technologies	Language	Country
Schimera	1	GDAL
GRASS
MapServer
PostGIS
PROJ
OpenLayers
Quantum GIS
Localization
English
Australia
Gaia Resources	7	MapServer
PostGIS
Quantum GIS
English
Australia
Polygon GIS	5	GDAL
Mapguide OS
MapServer
GeoServer
PostGIS
OpenLayers
GeoNetwork
Quantum GIS
Ka-map
English
Canada
England
Australia
Ireland
Ennoble Consultancy	15	Mapguide OS
OpenLayers
FDO
English
Australia
Malaysia
1Spatial	100	Mapguide OS
PROJ
FDO
English
England
Australia
Belgium
Ireland
Norway
Simon Greener	1	GeoTools
MapServer
PostGIS
English
Australia
Geomatic Technologies	80	Mapguide OS
MapServer
OpenLayers
English
Australia
Digital Dimensions	2	GDAL
MapServer
PostGIS
OpenLayers
Quantum GIS
English
Australia
Groundtruth Mapping Systems	1	GDAL
Mapguide OS
GeoServer
PostGIS
OpenLayers
Quantum GIS
MapWindow
uDig
English
Australia
e-Spatial Limited	15	GRASS
Mapguide OS
MapServer
PostGIS
Quantum GIS
English
New Zealand
Name	No of employees	Technologies	Language	Country
Geospatial and Database Solutions	20	Mapguide OS
MapServer
FDO
JUMP/OpenJUMP
English
Australia
AEC Systems	50	Mapguide OS
English
Australia
Ian Tidy	1	GRASS
MapServer
PostGIS
GeoNetwork
Quantum GIS
English
New Zealand
Geographic Business Solutions Ltd	4	Mapguide OS
MapServer
PostGIS
OpenLayers
FDO