[Aust-NZ] OSGeo Hack-fest thingy - Brisbane/Gold Coast area

Nathan Woodrow woodrow.nathan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 03:04:10 PST 2011

Hi all,

At the last Brisbane Aust-NZ meetup Jody Garnett and I discussed doing a
OSGeo hackfest day or two in Brisbane or on the Gold Coast.  The plan would
just be rock up with a lappy and hack on your favorite project for two days
(eating unhealthy hacking food).  I would like to do something on the Gold
Coast as I will be there on and off a lot until early February, until my
hacking time is greatly reduce by the birth of my son :)

What are peoples thoughts about doing something like this on the Gold Coast
after Christmas?  Anyone have anywhere we could host the event, or any
ideas of places to host that we could chase up?  I have thought Griffith
uni might let us do something there, or one of the libraries.

- Nathan Woodrow
http://woostuff.wordpress.com