[Aust-NZ] Geoscience Australia WMS - Fix

Duncan Jackson duncangjacks at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 03:11:37 PST 2011

Hi

I've been able to make it work - I added it as a WMS layer in MapInfo and
copied the CONNECTION. I also had to change the STATUS to DEFAULT (neither
ON or OFF worked). This is the revised LAYER:

LAYER

                NAME "GDA94_MapConnect_SDE_250kmap_WMS"

                TYPE RASTER

                STATUS DEFAULT

#             CONNECTION
"http://mapconnect.ga.gov.au/wmsconnector/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?"

                CONNECTION
"http://mapconnect.ga.gov.au:80/wmsconnector/com.esri.wms.Esrimap/GDA94_MapC
onnect_SDE_250kmap_WMS?"

                CONNECTIONTYPE WMS

                METADATA

                                "wms_srs" "EPSG:4283"

                                "wms_name" "LandsatMosaic"

                                "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"

                                "wms_format" "image/png"

                END

END #End Layer

One day I'll find the time to work out why, especially the difference
between this CONNECTION and the string pasted into browser.

Cheers, Duncan