[Aust-NZ] Australian government (AGIMO) calling for comment on their Guide to Open Source Software

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Thu Mar 31 02:11:00 PDT 2011

http://agimo.govspace.gov.au/2011/03/30/consultation-guide-to-open-source-software/

  Consultation: Guide to Open Source Software

By Glenn Archer - AGIMO on 30 Mar 2011 4:01pm, 1 comment
<http://agimo.govspace.gov.au/2011/03/30/consultation-guide-to-open-source-software/#comments>

General <http://agimo.govspace.gov.au/category/general/>

In January 2011, the Australian Government released its policy on open
source software
<http://agimo.govspace.gov.au/2011/01/27/government-moves-to-actively-consider-the-greater-use-of-open-source-software/>.
Agencies are now required to consider open source software for all
software procurements. Details on this revised policy are available on
the Finance website
<http://www.finance.gov.au/e-government/infrastructure/open-source-software.html>.

To complement the Open Source Software Policy, we've also updated the
/Guide to Open Source Software for Australian Government Agencies. / The
original version was released in 2005. We've updated this Guide to bring
it in line with the increased maturity of open source software, as well
as the recent shift in the Australian Government's policy on open source
software.

We're looking for public input on the *draft* Guide to Open Source
Software
<http://www.finance.gov.au/e-government/infrastructure/open-source-software.html>.
All comments are welcome by either responding to this post or emailing
comments to aga at finance.gov.au <mailto:aga at finance.gov.au>. The closing
date for comments is Friday 15 April 2011.

I look forward to your feedback.

Glenn Archer

--
Cameron Shorter