[Aust-NZ] Statistics New Zealand RFQ specifies ESRI but not OGC standards

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Thu Sep 1 22:34:08 PDT 2011

Something which our New Zealand subscribers may wish to pursue:

Statistics New Zealand has just put out a RFP for "SP3-A83 Geospatial
Infrastructure Project" which specifies ESRI, but doesn't specify OGC
standards.

I suspect this conflicts with New Zealand's SDI strategy?

---------------

https://www.gets.govt.nz/Default.aspx?show=TenderDetail&TenderID=33952&returnTo=home

The vision of the Geospatial Infrastructure project is that "Statistics
New Zealand becomes spatially enabled". This project will develop the
core geographic infrastructure required to achieve spatial enablement --
an address point-based geographic frame using geospatial technology.
This project is the legacy mitigation solution to replace the current
text-based 'Geoframe' and the plethora of standalone systems and manual
processes currently in use by Statistics New Zealand.

A 'Geospatial Management System' (GMS) will be developed in a Geographic
Information System using ESRI ArcGIS. The management and maintenance of
Statistics New Zealand's core geographic infrastructure, including
addresses, meshblocks (Statistics NZ's building block geography) and
derived geographies, will be centralised within a spatial environment.

The consultant/s will be responsible for:
1. assisting Statistics NZ with the implementation and configuration of
geospatial software and data
2. assisting Statistics NZ with configuring business and software rules
3. providing support documentation for all implementation and
configuration activities, and
4. up-skilling Statistics New Zealand staff on the above services.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally