[Aust-NZ] meetups or other activates for the new year?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 16:06:07 PST 2012

The benefit would be an OSGeo local chapter; right now we have not "formed" as I understand it and are still listed as under construction on the OSGeo wiki.

While I don't mind speaking as a OSGeo charter member at functions; it would be nice to have a local chapter in the region.

My understanding is that OSGeo seems to be taking a real turn for getting out of the way and letting local chapters do the work. I expect the  formation of a "north american" local chapter to be the final step in this process.

--
Jody Garnett