[Aust-NZ] anyone around for geonext?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 04:15:18 PST 2013

I managed to catch the tail end of GeoNext, an excellent talk by Andrew Woolf from BOM, and a cheerful sales pitch from Google.

Sounds like the SSSI database workshop ran into trouble .. the PostGIS part went fine (yay) but the people I talked to got into trouble with the next two installs (Oracle and SQLServer I think?).

I hardly know what to think … I fear installing Oracle (on any windows machine) let alone asking a room full of people to install it. I sure hope it was not BYO laptop. So good that PostGIS did well, and perhaps the AusNZ chapter can collaborate on the next workshop :-)

Did anyone else attend GeoNext? I am curious to hear your impressions of the event.

There are a couple of links coming out of the event, but I have not had a chance to write anything up yet.
- GeoNext in Pictures (https://plus.google.com/photos/117011258972821557685/albums/5849767492122062689)
- conference gallery (http://www.geonext.com.au/image-gallery/)

--
Jody Garnett