[Aust-NZ] Published: What could Open Government learn from us Open Technology folks?

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 16:23:06 PDT 2018

g’day aust-NZ OSgeo folks,

If you’re around Canberra on 26 April (this coming Thursday), join Edoardo
Neerhut (Mapillary) and myself for #geobeerCBR - we’ll meet at the Wig n'
Pen, at 6pm: https://goo.gl/maps/J7fLu1SD98D2

I look like this:
https://www.spatialised.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/thredbo_river_selfie.jpg?w=1480
-
and will wear my orange beanie unless it gets way too warm (unlikely, it’s
Canberra…) or stick it on a table number post or something.

No formal discussion or agenda - it’s a social meet n greet with discussion
about things geospatial if that’s how it rolls. Or geopolitics, or how many
awesome flowers are blooming on the day, or which bicycle grease you prefer
for Canberra winters.... You don’t even have to like beer!

Cheers

Adam

On 3 April 2018 at 21:21, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:

> And after being submitted the story was picked up by the Mandarin, (the
> news source for senior public servants):
>
> https://www.themandarin.com.au/90595-open-government-
> learn-open-technology-folks/
>
> On 29/3/18 10:01 am, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>
> The Linux Journal has published this open letter:
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/what-could-open-
> government-learn-us-open-technology-folks
>
> *Despite open government’s best intentions to prioritise collaboration,
> government bodies consistently duplicate each other’s effort. Collaborating
> as effectively as open communities is much harder than you’d think.*
>
> * A number of us “open technologists” have drafted a paper describing the
> challenges government faces, along with our vision for how to address
> these. It is being presented as part of Australia’s updated Open Government
> National Action Plan. … more
> <http://cameronshorter.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/what-could-open-government-learn-from.html>
> *
>
> And I'll be submitting to the Australian Digital Transformation Office
> tomorrow.
>

> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Technology Demystifier, Learnosity