[Aust-NZ] FOSS4G SOTM Oceania update

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 03:07:51 PST 2018

Hi everyone!

Fresh from the Christmas break, the FOSS4G-SOTM-Oceania committee met on
Friday to kick off this year's work on planning the November conference.
Highlights include:

   - various committee members have volunteered for key areas of
   responsibility, so we should start seeing some progress on those fronts soon
   - LOGO: we need people to check out our logo competition
   <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-SOTM-Oceania/Logo_Contest> and
   submit entries (please forward to your networks!)
   - in discussions with SSSI and University of Melbourne as possible event
   partners
   - We have social media! Not especially active yet, but we'll get on it
   soon.
      - Twitter: @FOSS4G_Oceania <https://twitter.com/FOSS4G_Oceania>
      - Facebook: @FOSS4gOceania <https://www.facebook.com/Foss4g-Oceania>
      - Instagram: foss4g_oceania
      <https://www.instagram.com/foss4g_oceania/>

Minutes from last week's committee meeting can be found here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1f1fCI73d3SMJdfZEM69xHwEDOs8KRfJ3>
.

Still plenty of opportunity to get involved - drop us a line at this list,
or at admin at foss4g-oceania.org if you're interested in contributing to
planning this event!

Cheers
John