[OSGeo Oceania] Board - sharing budget doc

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 00:51:41 PDT 2019

Hey John

I don't think there's any issue with making this document open.

I think we have had enough open conversations around the document and the
decisions that resulted in the actuals captured here that we can stand
behind it. And it will be useful to future conference committees to see the
contents.

+1 to sharing it.

Cheers,

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 17:19, John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi OO board,
>
> I think it would be helpful for those considering a proposal for 2020 to
> have access to the 2018 budget. I've prepared a redacted version that
> removes transaction data, and any specific references to people or
> companies, in the interest of privacy. But I still think it contains a
> wealth of useful information to future event organisers.
>
> You can see this version here (login required):
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vBpexZ4wTbpmQMENEePEj6SYWjqPbfNxOE_5EBAK9HY
>
> Rather than provide it privately to those who ask, I'd rather open it up
> to the public... I see this as 1) more fair & transparent, and 2)
> significantly easier to manage. Do you see any issues with sharing this
> document with the public?
>
> Cheers
> John

Alex Leith