[OSGeo Oceania] OSGeo Oceania board election results

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 16:24:47 PST 2019

Thanks to our returning officer Tim Bowden for managing our first election
and keeping it on track. Job well done!

I'd also like to express my gratitude to outgoing directors Edoardo
Neerhut, Jonah Sullivan, and Kerry Smyth, all of whom were instrumental in
starting the FOSS4G SotM Oceania conference in 2018, and have made major
contributions over the last 2 years. I know we'll be seeing lots of Jonah
over the next year as the co-chair of the 2020 conference, and I hope
Edoardo and Kerry are keen to continue to participate. Thank you for your
service to this community.

Welcome to our 2020 board [1], particularly Emma and Dionne as new
directors, and Adam as a returning director. I'm looking forward to working
with you.

And finally, thanks to all who took the initiative to stand for election.
It's courageous, and having a strong array of people standing for election
makes this community stronger. I heard several times this week how
difficult a decision it was to cast a vote, it's a testament to the high
calibre of people we had on the ballot.

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania#2020