[Aust-NZ] Locate, and OSGeo Oceania

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 19:53:06 PST 2019

Alex - thanks for the correction! and the input- you're a lot closer to
that part of the community than I am.

And at this point, yes, I feel we'd be asking a pretty big favour from
SSSI/the Locate team to drop in and wave the OSGeo flag - so we need to be
clear about what (if anything) we want to ask for; and who has energy to
drive it.

I think it's a good idea to do *something*, and we should be totally
audacious and ask for a corner someplace - if someone is willing to hang
out at it for a bit; or a talk/lightning talk/??. But then, I'm unlikely to
attend (except maybe the market day - perhaps I can be 'OSGeo santa' with a
big bag of stickers and stuff, scattering them as I wander around :D )

Any other thoughts?

Cheers