[Aust-NZ] Locate, and OSGeo Oceania

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 21:39:16 PST 2019

great, Greg.

I was thinking more of promoting the organisation (OSGeo Oceania) - and I
have seen a fair bit of conference promotion at other conferences.

Don’t forget, we have a budget - so it may come to a committee decision
about a value proposition and commercial decision (*if* space exists to do
*a thing*). Quid pro quo, right? we can support Locate and the industry,
they can support the open source community back. The great circle of life
and funding.

In the back of my mind is also this: Like OSGeo (the international org), we
need to attract sponsors - for both the conference and the entity. Locate
might be a good place to start that search.

Cheers

Adam

>>> http://spatialised.net
>>> https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adam_Steer