[Aust-NZ] Locate, and OSGeo Oceania

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:13:06 PST 2019

Adam,

This is a timely question. My 5 minute OSGeo Lightning Talk that I put
in for Locate has been accepted as a 20 minute talk (including
questions). I'm not going to be able to make it, and have written back
to the organisors asking if I can offer the talk to someone else on the
OSGeo Oceania board. I haven't heard back yet, but assuming I get a
positive response, I'm hoping one of you might be able to step up?

Cheers, Cameron

On 18/1/19 2:12 pm, Alex Leith wrote:
> Hey Adam
>
> It's in Melbourne the 8-10th of April.
>
> I'm not sure what we can do there in order to promote the community
> and our event. We could ask SSSI if we can put a banner up at their
> stand, maybe? Would we want a 2019 event banner, though, mentioning
> Wellington?
>
> Regards,
>

> On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 at 13:29 adam steer <adam.d.steer at gmail.com
> <mailto:adam.d.steer at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi folks
>
>     It’s very late in the game to try and organise things - but given
>     recent momentum worth a shot:
>
>     What do people thing about aiming to have a presence at Locate19
>     (April, Adelaide)? Useful/not useful? It’s kind of a big
>     geospatial event
>
>     And if useful, what should it look like? I have a banner stand,
>     should it be ‘can we have a small table and something to put
>     stickers on’? … or (as Cameron has done in the past) ‘can we have
>     a talk slot about the open source geo ecosystem and OSGeo Oceania'?
>
>     …or should we just apply our energy to nurturing a new
>     organisation and a conference of our own?
>
>     Cheers
>
>     Adam
>
>     --
>     Dr. Adam Steer
>     http://spatialised.net
>     https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adam_Steer
>     http://au.linkedin.com/in/adamsteer
>     http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0046-7236
>     +61 427 091 712 <tel:+61%20427%20091%20712>
>     skype: adam.d.steer
>     tweet: @adamdsteer
>
> --
>
> Alex Leith