[OSGeo Oceania] Forming a regional chapter of OSGeo

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Thu May 16 03:16:00 PDT 2019

Hi all, a quick request for feedback from the community...

As you are probably aware, we are forming a new entity (OSGeo Oceania), and
intend to approach OSGeo to formalise a regional chapter. To my
understanding, this chapter would supersede the Aust-NZ chapter, so I'd see
us doing a bit of work on the new Oceania wiki page
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania> and either shutting down or modifying
the older Aust-NZ wiki page <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Aust-NZ> to
clarify this.

Is everyone happy for us to form this chapter on behalf of the Oceania open
geospatial community? With your support, we will do so in a couple of
weeks' time.

We've got a few other action items listed in this doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sCtTxWgWPgUJgtgr2-bTnpP16_yfvEc4sy_SciXHWJ0>.
If you have any suggestions or feedback, please let us know!

Cheers
John
on behalf of OSGeo Oceania