[OSGeo Oceania] Nominations for the OSGeo Oceania Board are open

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 17:02:37 PST 2019

Hi all,

Now that we've completed our first membership intake, we're accepting
nominations for the upcoming election of directors for the OSGeo Oceania
board. OSGeo Oceania members are invited to nominate members (including
themselves) to stand for election.

If you, or someone you know, is passionate about supporting and growing
this community, please submit a nomination to elections at osgeo-oceania.org,
with the nominee's name, usual place of residence, and a brief statement on
why they would be a good director.

Directors should be of good character, care deeply about this community,
and be ready to roll up their sleeves and do some work. To learn more about
OSGeo Oceania and the board, check out the wiki page [1] and the OSGeo
Oceania Terms of Reference [2] (this latter doc is getting a little dated
now, perhaps something the new board can rectify in early 2020).

More details on the election are on the wiki here [3].

*Don't delay - we will be closing nominations on the 6th of December at
23:59:59, Australian Western Standard Time*. Any questions, please ask!

Cheers
John

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania
[2] https://drive.google.com/file/d/13aZ6L08ke1-l32I7c00MahyEKgxeZkq8/view