[OSGeo Oceania] Australian Space Agency grants

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 18:19:43 PDT 2019

Hi folks

The Australian Space Agency has announced a round of grants for capability
development around collaboration with international space agencies:

https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/international-space-investment-expand-capability-grants

I think there’s a lot of opportunity for the OSGeo audience there,
particularly around developing open remote sensing tools and workflows.

I plan to lead a proposal (with some long term collaborators); and would
also be happy to:

- create new collaborative projects (I may also use this list to find
capabilities I need within this community)
- discuss ideas outside of my own sphere of expertise (in confidence)
- donate some time to reviewing proposals (also in confidence, and maybe
quid pro quo - getting someone else to read over mine)

There’s a good chunk of money up for grabs, easily enough to bootstrap a
new venture / get something really awesome done - and help raise the
profile of our lean, awesome, open community :)

Regards, and good luck if you go for it!! I hope my own ideas have very
stiff competition...

Adam

--
Dr. Adam Steer