[OSGeo Oceania] membership - elections - AGM

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 05:17:59 PDT 2019

Using 'positive attributes' makes sense to me.

*>It only becomes an issue if we set a criteria that x % of members need to
vote.*
Typically a public entity's constitution will require quorum for certain
actions, ours [1] states that we need 20% of membership present to run a
General Meeting. For this reason, I'm in favour of some kind of (simple)
mechanism for keeping the list somewhat current.

Alternatively, we could seek to modify our constitution (and this may be
desirable to make sure it's in accord with our community standards).

[1] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kakpBuOsF6ObF4IiUVSA2PRI3-7Asy7P/view