[OSGeo Oceania] Where do you live membership criteria

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 13:34:50 PDT 2019

On 24/9/19 11:43 pm, John Bryant wrote:
> />Is membership of  Osgeo Oceania open to the global geospatial
> community or is it ring fenced to Oceania?/
> I think we would aim to include residents of Oceania, and those who
> are contributing to open geospatial activities in Oceania. There may
> be edge cases where it's not obvious, but by and large I'd imagine we
> could exercise good judgement based on the criteria we articulate.
> Suggestions on this criteria welcome.

Extending on John's comment. I don't think we need to focus on exclusion
criteria beyond being mindful of potential bad actors, and letting
anyone who is contributing positively to join.

If someone living on the moon is actively helping OSGeo Oceania, then
let's embrace them as one of our own.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier