[OSGeo Oceania] membership - elections - AGM

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 17:21:25 PDT 2019

John thanks for the link to the Company Constitution (in your response to Alister).

I can see that:

- a Director’s term is for twelve months. After which they are to retire. The obligation appears to be on the director to actually do so.

- the board can expel a member who has breached an obligation under the constitution by a vote of the board with 75% of those present agreeing to do so.

It may be prudent to make this situation explicit in the event the outgoing director does not actually retire from the board.

One other aspect that may be unclear is that this vote about the type of membership that we want in OSGeo Oceania is not just about community membership, but jointly about membership of the OO legal entity.

Based on what I’ve read, I’ll now change my vote, but suggest that we revisit this in one to two years time to make sure that it is achieving what we want.

Therefore:

+1

Kind regards,

Bruce