[OSGeo Oceania] Fwd: OSGeo Oceania Board Terms of Reference Update for Review

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 17:33:27 PDT 2020

Hi,

I received the below email a few weeks ago, regarding proposed changes to
the OSGeo Oceania Terms of Reference. The original document was extensively
discussed [1] and ratified [2] on the public mailing list in November and
December 2018, immediately following the Melbourne conference.

I see the first Terms of Reference as the formal origin of the organisation
that later became incorporated as OSGeo Oceania. To me, it represents an
agreement between the board and the community, spelling out the rules of
the organisation, and asking for a mandate to represent the existing
community. As such, I think it's an important foundational piece and it
would be good to know how it's changing.

So that we can clearly understand what is proposed, would someone from the
OSGeo Oceania board be willing to provide some explanation of the changes?

Thanks
John

[1]
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/foss4g-oceania/2018-November/001049.html