[OSGeo Oceania] OSM Community issue

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 18:33:10 PST 2020

Hey Graeme

We (OSGeo Oceania) were recently recognised as a Local Chapter of
OpenStreetMap. This is a formal agreement between two entities.

There is a local OSM community, who have a 'charter' agreement in draft
form to make them a Special Interest Group of OSGeo Oceania. This is a more
informal agreement between a group of people and an entity!

That's the simple answer.

Cheers,

On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 at 12:49, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 at 10:53, Edoardo Neerhut <eneerhut at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> And thanks for making the point about the local chapter Martin. An action
>> item I have over the next week is to do a better job communicating the
>> connection between us and the OSMF and getting the community conversation
>> going again on our OSM.
>>

> Getting away from this subject for a moment, that would be great thanks
> Edoardo, because I for one have no idea of the relationship?
>
> Thanks
>
> Graeme

Alex Leith
m: 0419189050