[OSGeo Oceania] Geoawesomeness: Upcoming Events

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 00:37:04 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

Geoawesomeness is keen to run an online event focused on Oceania. For those
that don't know, Geoawesomeness <https://geoawesomeness.com/> is an
excellent source of geospatial news run on a voluntary basis by Muthukumar
Kumar and Aleksander Buczkowski. They have been running a few events in
recent months that allow organisations in the geospatial world to showcase
how they apply geospatial tools to solve problems within a particular
industry. Their upcoming event 'Earth Data and Analytics
<https://my.demio.com/ref/i90Wlvy5DCbEm9Q5>' will see UP42
<https://bit.ly/up42meetup> and a few others sharing their observations on
the Earth Observation space.

On behalf of Muthu, I wanted to see if there were any organisations keen to
present at an Oceania focused event.

   - What topics and/or industry sectors would you like to hear from?
   - Do you have or know of a company or organisation applying geospatial
   technology in an interesting way?

The event would be run live with video recordings distributed to a global
audience after the event for those that couldn't attend. Geoawesomeness
would help to organise all the mechanics of the event, but is looking for
€1,500 sponsorship and industry experts applying geospatial in exciting
ways.

This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase the talent in our region.

I am CCing Muthu on this email for those that are interested and would like
to follow up with him.

Cheers,

Ed