[OSGeo Oceania] OSGeo Oceania Board Terms of Reference Update for Review

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 19:59:30 PDT 2020

Thanks for this John.

I agree that board discussions should be public as the rule.

That said, there a few issues where public disclosure is not appropriate, e.g. deliberation on how to address a code of conduct violation, discussion of commercial in confidence issues such as tender responses, etc.

We have the example from our parent organisation, OSGeo, where the board list is public. If someone is interested in board issues, discussions and deliberations then they can subscribe and monitor discussions, contributing if required. They also have the board-private list for sensitive discussions.

Kind regards,

Bruce