[OSGeo Oceania] OSGeo Oceania Board Terms of Reference Update for Review

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 23:56:23 PDT 2020

Hi everyone

I meant to respond a lot earlier to John - this discussion is reflected in
current comments on that section of the draft ToR.

I don't see a reason why the draft ToR can't also be open for comment by
the community. Boardfolks, can we do that? (open the draft for comment?)

And +1 to everyone - there is a strong precedent for open board comms in
the OSGeo community. If the community get sick of board noise in this list,
it is easy enough to set up:

- public discussion of anything by anyone (this list)
- publicly available, publicly archived, board matters list (does not exist
yet, we could flick the rlevant switches on oceania-board and make it so)
- an in-camera list for the board, with very limited scope of discussion
(this is how the current oceania-board list works, we could ask for a new
'oceania-board-private' list)

yes its a bit more work for board members that way to manage what goes
where, but thats what we sign up for right? By nominating ourselves as
drivers of the community we say 'we have time for all this'

Thanks

Adam