[OSGeo Oceania] Fwd: [talk-au] ABC article - Google Maps in Eromanga

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 22:36:00 PDT 2021

I wonder if this story could be used to inspire an OpenStreetMap mapathon
in Eromanga. We could stump up some money from the OSM SIG pool of funds to
cover food/drinks, find a local venue, and then skype in to show how
everyone in the town can contribute to OpenStreetMap.

Probably just need one local (Mayor) perhaps to help us with on the ground
coordination.

Crazy idea or something we should do?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-14/google-maps-outback-queensland-street-view-inaccurate/100065310