[OSGeo Oceania] Microgrants update

eli elipuccioni at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 18:23:32 PDT 2021

 Hi all,

We have just sponsored another great event with the Microgrant funding: the
first Kiribati Women in Mapping stakeholder meeting, organised by Ueakeia
Matin Tofinga. The event was a huge success thanks to Ueakeia's efforts and
OSGeo Oceania was credited and mentioned during the event...and also in the
Kiribati News on tv!

I have attached a few pictures and the slideshow presented during the event
to this email. Looking at them, I think I would have loved to attend that
event, and I'm really happy that the OSGeo Oceania community has a way to
help people organise such events.

So if you are planning to organise an event or activity that you think
aligns with OsGeo Oceania mission and can eligible for microgrants,
remember to fill up the application form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe4kpuOOVQMQLhFRolSJVerQWx1g8svcbWQOyReo_pAFGbvWg/viewform>
and we will get in contact with you.

Cheers,
Elisa

[image: INTRODUCTION - KNOC & KILGA.jpg]
[image: KWIM WORKSHIOP1.jpg]
[image: UEAKEIA PRESENTATING - MAPPING 20210601_103555 (1).jpg]