[OSGeo Oceania] [Oceania-Board] Sponsoring GDAL maintainer

Trisha Moriarty moriar1y at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 03:04:10 PDT 2021

Hi,
Great initiative!
Re Point 3 in Dionne initial email, by raising awareness of how
contributions can be made, it will help overcome  the initial barrier to
start for companies who aren't normally operating in this space.

I think it's also worth exploring the barriers government agencies might
face to being able to contribute via donation to open source projects. It
will be complicated by the different procurement policies in place at the
different levels and within the different jurisdictions. Generally in my
experience. paying for specific work that the agency needs to be don by a
contractor is doable, but I am not so familiar with the donation/sponsor
route. Might do some digging.

Trish