[GeoForAll-UrbanScience] A quick favor -- information on the city your GeoForAll lab is near

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Jun 19 04:01:23 PDT 2015

Hi GeoForAll Urban Science/City Analytics colleagues:

As some of you know, I continue to work on a grant proposal to move our
group forward. I ultimately came to the idea of 'Open Geographical Science
for Urban Vulnerability Management.' The vulnerability is driven by the
dual future threats of population growth and climate change adaptation.

A favor:

I'm trying to understand what kinds of cities are represented in our 'Smart
City' GeoForAll working group. Would you please go to the bottom of our
wiki page [1] and add and entry for you:

- your name
- the nearest city to your lab
- potential key climate change threats to that city (e.g., coastal storm
surge, hurricanes, inland lack of water, heat islands, etc.)
- The lat/long of your lab or city (you can copy that from [2] probably).

Ultimately, I hope to make a map figure of the labs/cities of our initial
collaboration network. If anyone could easily make that figure for me, let
me know!

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

[1]