[GeoForAll-UrbanScience] Urban sciences

Antoni P�rez Navarro aperezn at uoc.edu
Sun Mar 1 06:48:58 PST 2015

Hi all,

it's incredible how much "momentum" for a weekend.
Count on me by 9th March.

I agree with Patrick that it is very important to have clear our goal and what is the network useful for (if I understood properly Patrick). If not, we can only have a very active mailing list.

About experiences with networks, I can suggest you HAROSA, that was creat at Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC):
http://dpcs.uoc.edu/joomla/index.php/about-harosa-kc

They created it from scratch (like ours) but made several steps that I think that were key for its success:

1) First of all, they do an international workshop where every lab involved could present its works. It took three days and was useful to know what were everyone doing and interested in. At the end of this first workshop, they decided the next collaboration steps. The workshop is repeated every year.

2) PhD students visites the labs in the network and, some times, had co-advisors in several labs.

3) They created a peer-reviewed JCR special issue about the topic.

4) They applied for projects in Spain as well in Europe.

The money came from UOC in the first steps. If we have interest in this kind of network, I can ask if these kind of calls are still alive.

Hope this helps!

Toni

Antoni Pérez Navarro
Estudis d'Informàtica, Multimèdia i Telecomunicació [Responsable de les assignatures de Física i Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica]
Universitat Oberta de Catalunya

aperezn at uoc.edu
22@ (Rambla Poblenou, 156 / 08018 Barcelona)
@tonipereznavarr

Aquest missatge s'adreça exclusivament a qui va destinat i pot contenir informació privilegiada o confidencial i dades de caràcter personal, la difusió de les quals és regulada per la Llei orgànica de protecció de dades i la Llei de serveis de la societat de la informació. Si no sou la persona destinatària indicada (o la responsable de lliurar-lo a qui va destinat), no heu de copiar aquest missatge ni lliurar-lo a tercers per cap concepte. Si heu rebut aquest missatge per error o l'heu aconseguit per altres mitjans, us demanem que ens ho comuniqueu immediatament per aquesta mateixa via i l'elimineu irreversiblement.

Abans d'imprimir aquest missatge electrònic penseu en el medi ambient.